Tuesday 15 March 2016

The Making of "Donuts R My Life"...




Here are some process pics from my Donut Cafe picture I posted last week:

First, my reproduction of "Tennis Is My Life" Alf, which is an important factor to visualise and also a good coda to live by.

Second is the rough thumbnail. I drew this about 4 inches high, I always get a better composition if I start small and blow it up to work from.

Next is the actual artwork, mid-way through inking. Inking tends to be my favourite part of the whole job, I treat the page like a little zen garden and work through it carefully, until I muck something up and curse myself for my foolhardy pursuit of a faultless piece of artwork. I am nature's fool.

Finally the finished picture. The colours took a while because of the little details n' donuts but I'm really happy with the end result. Hopefully I'll do more silly picture like this soon.

No comments: